What SupportWorks Does
Our mandate is to provide support for anyone and everyone. This is at the core of who we are and will remain constant.
Peer Support Meetings
We create an environment free from fear and judgement that gives everyone the opportunity to come together and chat with others with similar experiences.
We’re working to create a positive impact, reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness in the Calgary region and develop services for those who may not be able to access it by connecting with organizations in the community.
- Public Initiatives: It is important for us to engage with the public. We use an interactive approach in hosting group informational settings to continue to raise awareness and make access to our programs simpler and easier for everyone.
- Community Partners: We focus on networking, forming partnerships with other non-for-profit organizations, and building a strategy to reach certain segments of the population (eg. university campuses, healthcare clinics, senior homes).
- Communications: Through events, social media, and other initiatives we want to take the next step and build a lasting relationship with all of our contributors.
Creating positive and mutually beneficial relationships is necessary for our ability to provide help and support for anyone who needs it.
- Strategic Partnerships: We strive to build positive rapport with other organizations, corporations, and local businesses that have a passion for mental health and giving back to the community.
- Government Relations: We are working with government departments responsible for developing policies that promote mental health and reduce stigma.