What are Support Groups?
Recognized by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, peer support is an important part of recovery from online casino bonus ohne einzahlung sofort by building a supportive relationship between people with common lived experience, and focusing on health and recovery rather than uk casino £10 free.
Our groups are specifically designed to provide people living with mood and anxiety disorders an opportunity to connect and share with others who have similar experiences. Groups are peer-led, informal, and focused on self-help and recovery.
What we provide:
- Safe and accepting environment
- Pressure free
What we are not:
- Mental health professionals (eg. psychologists, social workers)
- A place to diagnose
- A substitute for professional therapy or treatment
- Religious or faith-based
How can I attend?
All of our peer support groups are free, drop-in basis with no referral or formal diagnosis required. We offer an inclusive environment for all participants, whether you’re living with a mental health condition or if you’re looking to learn more about how to support a loved one with mental illness.
To attend a meeting, find the location and time that works best for you and drop in. Our facilitators will welcome you to the support group. Attendance is completely voluntary – come to as many meetings as you’d like.
Who are your facilitators?
Our team of trained facilitators have a wide range of experience with mental health including directly living through mental illness and working with others. Two SupportWorks facilitators co-host each meeting using the following format:
- Introduce themselves and explaining the rules and timing for the two-hour session.
- Begin the discussion with a roundtable check-in with each participant.
- First name
- A good thing they experienced this week
- A challenge they faced this week
- Open the floor to a free-flowing discussion allowing participants to share ideas.
- Complete a checkout with each participant and ask for feedback.
- Sum up the session’s discussion and provide a reminder for the next week’s meeting.
We are here to help each other.
All meetings are 100% free and no registration is required. All you you need to do is show up!
Please note that SupportWorks has a no pets and no food policy out of respect for our partners who provide this space.